|Primitive Fantasy is imaginative artwork with a theme focusing on tribal, jungle, or prehistoric settings. It is NOT the same thing as traditional fantasy. Traditional fantasy is what you see in things like Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, and World of Warcraft. For Primitive Fantasy, think Tarzan, Clan of the Cave Bear, and Shanna the She-Devil.|
TWO IMPORTANT HINTS THAT IT IS PRIMITIVE FANTASY:
1. CLOTHING: Primitive characters wear animal skins, loincloths, leaves, feathers, beads, body paint, or anything you can make yourself when living in the woods; and some go naked. (Naked characters need other attributes such as spears, warpaint, or a proper background.) Primitive characters do NOT wear modern clothes, metal armor, or anything that would require spinning-wheel technology in order to make.
2. BACKGROUNDS: Not all pictures need to have a background, but backgrounds can confirm or disprove that the character belongs in Primitive Fantasy. Appropriate backgrounds are outdoors, including jungles, forests, caves, grasslands, and small huts. NO architecture, unless it is in ruins.
Absolutely off-topic: Modern-day scenes, futuristic scenes, cities, large-scale civilizations (including the Greeks, Egyptians, and Aztecs), advanced technology, machines, robots, steampunk, and large amounts of metal.
* Art must be clearly on-topic (see above).
* Fantasy characters and cultures only; no non-fantasy art of people from real cultures.
* Nudity is allowed, but it must be tasteful. No smut.
* Please put some effort into your art. It must look complete.
* Make sure the presentation is good. No lined paper, blurry photos, etc.
* No material that is racist, depicting rape, or otherwise offensive.
* Please submit art to the correct folder.
Original rules and info: primitive-fantasy.deviantart.c…
More info on the nudity policy: primitive-fantasy.deviantart.c…